Monday, July 18, 2011

Epilepsy + Job... Discrimation? Help!?

I am 18 and i developed epilepsy when i had finished my fire fighting training in the Navy and i got medically discharged for it. I have been looking for jobs since then and nothing was coming my way. I found out about an apprenticeship college and they said my epilepsy would be fine. They thought of a job for me then said it wouldn't be appropriate for me. I have been ringin them, nagging for 2 months to see if they have found a job for me because every time i ring they say they will ring me back but they don't. I rang up earlier on today and they said they have stopped looking because i have to be 3 months clear of a fit before they can help me. I don't know why they didn't tell me from the start but in a way i think this is discrimination. Is it discrimination, if so, what should i do? Please help me! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment